Fumiko Game Studio
Based in Belgershain, Germany
14 Feb, 2017
Inspired by Serial Experiments Lain, this game takes you on a surreal trip through a twisted virtual network. Uncover the secrets this world tries to hide from you: an artificial intelligence named "Fumiko"! Fumiko! combines rewarding exploration with a new approach to 3D platforming. You'll quickly be unbound from gravity. No jump will be too short. Fumiko! is a sci-fi thriller that wants to be explored thoroughly.
Fumiko! is my debut release and has been in development for 3 years. Fumiko! is a game about a female artificial intelligence finding her place in a virtual world. It features challenging 3D platforming and handcrafted low-poly scenes with a surreal touch. It's about 6-10 hours long and tells a psychological thriller story. In addition to directly addressing topics like Open Source and surveillance, the game was developed with the Unity3D Linux Editor Alpha and mostly Open Source software was used to realize the game. A short list of software used to realize Fumiko! is Blender, GIMP, Audacity, FL Studio, Openshot, SimpleScreenRecorder, JACK, VIM, Terminator and Kanboard.
- 16 handcrafted and unique levels giving you a challenge, 14 social areas to explore ranging from small player homes to big public spaces
- Enemy A.I.s seeking your destruction while you escape from the testing lab, unique abilities to bypass them
- ridiculous jump height while speeding through the air with the dash module
- Collect 26 memory fragments to uncover the mystery behind the network
- Supports the Xbox, Xbox360 and Steam Controller in addition to keyboard & mouse controls
Official Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
- "..surprisingly deep"
- Big Boss Battle (Review), https://bigbossbattle.com
- "..endless vistas and environmental surprises"
- Indie Games (Review), http://indiegames.com
- "An Interview With Odrez, The Mind Behind Fumiko!"
- Big Boss Battle (Interview), https://bigbossbattle.com
- "Color, Dystopia, and Gamedev, An Interview with Sylvius Fischer"
- AFKer Games (Interview), https://afker.games
Fumiko Game Studio allows for the contents of Fumiko! to be published through video broadcasting services for any commercial or non-commercial purposes. Monetization of videos created containing assets from Fumiko! is legally & explicitly allowed by Fumiko Game Studio. This permission can be found in writing at https://presskit.fumiko-game.com/sheet.php?p=fumiko.
Fumiko! on IndieDB
Download the early demos and discover articles on www.indiedb.com.
Fumiko Story Text Document
The following PDF contains all the dialogues and other text pieces from the game: Download from presskit.fumiko-game.com.
About Fumiko Game Studio
Welcome to the press kit for Fumiko Game Studio. It provides you all the information available about the games we published or work on.
More information on Fumiko Game Studio, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Founder and sole developer